WHOM WE ARE PREPARING
The Institute trains specialists for engineering, operation, maintenance and repair
- complex equipment,
- robots, robotic systems and automated production complexes,
- lifting and handling equipment,
- equipment for construction, aviation, automotive industry,
- equipment for heavy and general engineering,
- equipment for motor racing,
- products of biomechanics,
specialists to develop
- new types of products and materials for engineering purposes,
- equipment for the chemical and food industry,
- equipment for enterprises for processing and distribution of petroleum products,
as well as specialists for those related to the above areas of scientific research, industrial and computer technologies.
WHY IS THIS ACTUAL
We live in the world of machines.Machines surround us everywhere: at home, at work and on vacation. Some machines are designed to help people do something, others – to completely replace people, to do unpleasant work for them. And still others are doing what people could never do, could not even imagine it, until the cars appeared.
- Vehicles move people and goods at speeds and distances that are unthinkable before they appear.
- Production and technological machines – machines, equipment, automatic lines, etc. – are the basis of any industry, and increase the productivity of human labor thousands of times.
- Construction machines — bulldozers, cranes, excavators, and the like — make it possible to build objects in a few years for which without a car the same number of builders would not have been enough for people to build.
- Energy machines produce electricity that goes into all areas of our life and drives other machines.
- Agricultural machinery – combine harvesters, tractors, seeders and other aggregates virtually eliminated the food problem.
- Lifting machines – elevators and escalators, in the life of cities an indispensable attribute of comfort.
- Washing, dishwashing, kitchen and other household machines have raised the quality of people's daily lives to unprecedented heights.
Machines are the basis of our civilization, without them the world familiar to us can exist.
And as long as we need machines, we need specialists who are able to develop, design, manufacture, operate, maintain and repair machines.
It is these specialists that our institute prepares.
Lecture classes are conducted by professors and professors, authors of patented developments, honored workers of science and technology of Ukraine, laureates of the state award of Ukraine, honored inventors of Ukraine.
Special disciplines are taught by scientific and pedagogical staff with practical experience in scientific support of commercial and state projects, construction and operation of mechanical engineering and transport structures, unique machines and mechanisms, as well as direct participants in state scientific programs, grants and engineering international competitions.
DOCTORS OF SCIENCES, PROFESSORS
CANDIDATES OF SCIENCES, ASSOCIATES
LAUREATES OF STATE AWARDS
HONORABLE WORKERS OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
HOW WE TRAIN
The system of training students of the Institute of Mechanical Engineering includes the solution of a wide range of engineering tasks with the implementation of design and design work. Themes of practical and laboratory classes, tasks for term papers and graduation projects are formed with the participation of actual problems and production tasks, coordinated with engineering and industrial enterprises Stalkanat-Silur, Odeskabel, Shapovalov Rally-team, Stroygidravlika, Automotive assembly production, Yuzhnoye KB, Federation of motor sport of Ukraine and many others.
During training, students have the opportunity to do internships in the divisions of the Autosport Federation of Ukraine, in the representative offices of industrial enterprises of Ukraine, in space and aviation factories (Yuzhnoye Design Bureau, Antonova Spacecraft), in defense industry enterprises (Odessa Engineering Plant, Odessa Aircraft Repair Plant), as well as with medical institutions for the development of orthopedic and dental devices.
For course and diploma projects, research and computational works, licensed, modern systems of modeling and designing Autocad, Ansys, SolidWorks, Matlab are used.
Student Design Bureau
Students perform engineering projects in the student design bureau Formula on the instructions of Ukrainian and European companies.
Engineering and sports team
On the basis of the Institute of Mechanical Engineering there is a student engineering and sports team of the University "Formula Student OP", created to participate in the international competitions "Formula Student SAE", which are the most popular and most ambitious among the engineering competitions in the World.Participants go through all stages of the automotive industry and learn to create high-tech and efficient cars. The team for a time becomes a model of a car factory with the relevant divisions of work organization, technical design, computer modeling, economic planning, logistics and advertising.Students design, calculate, manufacture and assemble a Formula SAE class racing car, represent it and participate in the race.