- The purpose of the program
The programme is designed to form and develop students in the complex of knowledge, skills in managing and administering public sector organizations (institutions), enabling them to become leaders and successful public managers, creating the prerequisites for the formation of new professionals’ generation in the field of public administration, capable to carry out scientific and practical support of reforms in our country, to be professionals in their field, responsible to society.
- Program features
Subject area, course
Objects of study and / or activity: management at the national, regional, local levels and administrative activity in state and local self-government bodies, institutions, organizations of different subordination levels.
Learning objectives: To train professionals who are able to use the competencies acquired within management and administrative activities.
Theoretical content of the subject area: terminology, scientific concepts (theories) of public administration, management at the national, regional and local levels and administration in all spheres of activity.
Methods, techniques and methodologies of scientific knowledge, analytical processing of information, organizational-technological and legal support, e-government.
Instruments and equipment: information and analytical instruments, management decision support systems, organizational design, special software, social networks.
The programme establishes a fundamental basis for mastering the basics of government and municipal institutions, public associations and non-profit organizations, all resources types, state and city governance in the e-government concept, information support of government processes in state and non-government institutions, new instruments and services development in the field of e-democracy, the provision of e-services.
The programme is aimed at developing professional skills in administration in terms of e-governance, development and implementation, effective scientific and organizational management methods and structures, aimed at solving topical problems of country and society development.
Educational and professional.
Features and differences
Higher education applicants under this educational programme have the opportunity to participate in international academic mobility programmes (duration 1 or 2 semesters), which is implemented in German, Polish, Spanish and claims the required level of linguistic competence.
- Employment and continuing education
The Master of Public Administration is prepared for work in ministries and other central executive bodies, local state administrations, local self-government bodies, higher educational institutions, academic institutions, corporate institutions and business structures of various branches, political parties and public organizations and is able to occupy in these bodies and institutions the positions of leaders, leading and chief specialists of subsidiaries, heads of organizational services of electronic management, self-dealing; positions of analysts, project managers, advisers, consultants, specialists in human resources and public relations, scientific workers, teachers.
Opportunity to continue education in the first degree of “Doctor of Philosophy”, to get internship at both domestic and foreign universities and companies, to take part in lifelong learning programmes.
- Learning style and methods
Studying and teaching approaches
Lectures, multimedia lectures, interactive lectures, laboratory work, practical classes, participation in interdisciplinary projects and trainings, independent work using textbooks, synopses and participation in project development teams, consultations with teachers, preparation of master's qualification research paper.
Written and oral exams, essays, presentations, current control, calculations, calculation and graphs, coursework, publications in scientific periodicals and reports on communication activities.
- Program competencies
Ability to solve complex challenges and problems in public administration or in the learning process, which involves research and / or innovation and is characterized by uncertain conditions and requirements.
- Ability to think abstractly, analyze and synthesize.
- Ability to motivate people and move toward a common goal, to be a leader.
- Ability to develop and manage projects.
- Ability to improve and develop professional, intellectual and cultural levels
- Ability to generate new ideas and non-standard approaches to their implementation (creativity).
- Ability to initiate, plan and manage change to improve existing and develop new systems.
- Ability to speak and write professionally in a foreign language.
- Ability to analyze information professionally, evaluate the completeness and possibilities of its use.
- Ability to foster social engagement, collaboration, conflict prevention and resolution.
- Ability to perform professional activities and make informed decisions based on the social responsibility principles, legal and ethical standards.
- Ability to manage versatile communication.
- Ability to rational criticism and self-criticism, constructive reaction to comments.
Special (subject, profession oriented) competencies
- Ability to organize the activities of public authorities and organizations of different ownership.
- Ability to organize and develop e-governance measures in various public administration areas.
- Ability to determine sustainability indicators at national, regional, local and organizational levels.
- Ability to represent public authorities and establish effective communications.
- Ability to perform professional activities taking into account the needs of ensuring the national security of Ukraine.
- Ability to prepare legal acts, analytical reports, proposals, reports independently.
- Ability to provide expert judgment on regulations at various levels of public administration.
- Ability to provide the right quality of management products, services or processes.
- Ability to organize e-docflow system in an organization.
- Ability to organize information and analytical support of management processes using modern information resources and technologies.
- Ability to develop strategic documents for thef systems development at the national, regional, local and organizational levels.
- Ability to design and implement innovative projects at various levels of public administration.
- The ability to identify the scientific problems nature in the professional field, to find adequate ways to solve them.
- Ability to conduct research activities, including problem analysis, goal setting and objectives, choice of research methods and methods, and its quality evaluation.
- Ability to carry out scientific research in the field of public administration.
- Program learning outcomes
- Know the theoretical and applied principles of public policy, finance, fundamentals and technologies of management decision-making, resource management.
- Know modern approaches to public administration and administration.
- Know and be able to use legal acts regulating the sphere of public administration.
- Know the basic principles of national security and to be able to prevent and neutralize challenges and threats to the national interests of Ukraine within the limits of their professional competence.
- Be able to identify priority areas for e-governance and e-democracy development.
- Use management methodology and instruments: innovation, risk, projects, change, quality.
- Be able to use modern methods of scientific knowledge and carry out scientific researches in the field of public administration.
- Be able to apply modern models of management and administration, as well as international experience in the management and general organizational structures design and reorganization.
- Be able to determine the directions of development of systems at the national, regional, local and organizational levels.
- Be able to think critically about challenges and solve complex problems in the field of public administration and administration.
- As a part of a working group, be able to prepare programmatic documents on the development of public governance and administration based on the principles of systematic analysis and integrated approach.
- Be able to use modern information and communication technologies in the field of public administration.
- Know a foreign language (in accordance with the European recommendations of language education)
- Be able to communicate effectively in public administration and administration on the basis of social responsibility, legal and ethical standards.
- Be able to use e-democracy instruments in public administration.
- Be able to initiate, develop and implement innovations at various of public administration levels.
- Be able to represent public authorities and organizations, and to present to the public their activities results.
- Be able to develop and implement measures for the adaptation and implementation of the best domestic and foreign practices of the public administration and organizations activities.
- Resource support for program implementation
Staffing specific characteristics
More than 85% of the academic teaching staff is involved in teaching the cycle of vocational training courses have relevant scientific degrees in the disciplines they teach. The Academic staff with scientific degrees and / or academic status, as well as highly qualified specialists are involved in the of the programme implementation. In order to improve the professional level, all the Academic staff undergo internships once every five years, incl. foreign.
Material and technical support specific characteristics
Training facilities, computer workplaces, multimedia equipment provision is appropriate.
Use of modern equipment in particular https://opu.ua/about/set_up_documents#8
All necessary social and household infrastructure is available, the number of places in dormitories meets the requirements, in particular.
There are scientific and research laboratories of the Institute of Business, Economics and Information Technologies ONPU, the Specialized Academic Board D.41.052.10 research base Consulting and training centre “Polytech Consult”, ONPU Scientific Economic Portal and own cloud-based, restricted-access environment for students and faculty for carrying out the research.
Informational and methodological support specific characteristics
Use of ONPU virtual learning environment (https://el.opu.ua/) and author's development of the academic teaching staff.
The reading room is equipped with wireless Internet access. All library resources are available through the University website. In addition to the ONPU educational (including electronic) library fund, students of the educational and professional programme have free access to the scientific researches materials contained in the f the manuscripts’ copies of dissertations and abstracts in the printed and electronic form the in the Specialized Academic Board D 41.052.10 library, have access to practical materials of the Odessa regional information-analytical center.
- Academic mobility
Academic mobility (regulated by CMU Resolution No. 579 “On Approval of Regulation on the Procedure for Exercising the Academic Mobility Right.”, August 12, 2015).
National Credit Mobility
On the basis of bilateral agreements between ONPU and other universities of Ukraine. Individual agreements on academic mobility for study at Ukrainian universities are allowed.
Credits received from other universities in Ukraine are recalculated according to the Academic Mobility Certificate.
International Credit Mobility
Within the EU Erasmus+ programme framework on the basis of joint agreements between ONPU and partner universities.
Foreign Higher Education Applicants Mentoring
On standard terms and mastering the discipline “Ukrainian as a foreign language”.
90 ECTS credits on the basis of the first (bachelor's) level with a study term 1 year 4 months.
Higher education providers under this educational program have the opportunity to participate in international academic mobility programs (duration 1 or 2 semesters), which is implemented in German, Polish, Spanish and requires the required level of linguistic competence.
Academic mobility at the university is encouraged and recognized in accordance with ECTS procedures.
Higher education applicants have the opportunity to study at the military training department of the reserve officers of the Odessa National Polytechnic University.
Higher Education Degree – Master.
Specialty – 281 Public management and administration.
Educational Programme – Public management and Administration.
За державним замовленням
Навчання за програмою безкоштовно для осіб, які за конкурсом здобули право навчатися за державним замовленням.
У разі потреби додатково оплачується вартість проживання у гуртожитку та додаткові (за межами освітньої програми) освітні послуги.
За договором (контрактом)
Для осіб, що навчаються за рахунок коштів фізичних або юридичних осіб, розмір плати за навчання, а також порядок оплати встановлюються у договорі (контракті), що укладається між університетом та фізичною (юридичною) особою, яка замовляє платну освітню послугу для себе або для іншої особи, беручи на себе фінансові зобов’язання щодо її оплати, та складає:
Вартість підготовки для громадян України; для іноземних громадян та осіб без громадянства, які постійно проживають в Україні
2020 year of entry
2019 year of entry
Вартість підготовки для іноземних громадян та осіб без громадянства, які постійно проживають за межами України
2020 рік вступу
2019 рік вступу
Плата за навчання може змінюватись один раз на рік на офіційно визначений рівень інфляції за попередній календарний рік.
У разі потреби додатково оплачується вартість проживання у гуртожитку та додаткові (за межами освітньої програми) освітні послуги.