On the territory of the University, all routes to the buildings and structures are firmly covered.
The width of pedestrian walkways or sidewalks is at least 1.8 meters.
The University shall provide parking spaces for the personal transport of persons with special educational needs or the transport which transports them, near the entrance to buildings and structures, not more than 50 meters away.
The admissions committee is located in the main educational building (Odessa, 1 Shevchenko avenue). Access to the building is provided by wide sidewalks (cover – pavement tile). The porch of the case is equipped with a ramp, the entrance door of the case of the increased width, without thresholds.
In the building, persons with special educational needs have easy access to:
- the admission committee (cabinet No. 125: doors have an additional leaf to increase the width, there is no threshold);
- to the Dean of the Institute of Distance and Distance Education (Cabinet No. 116: door of increased width, threshold at floor level);
- buffet (located in the lobby of the building, the passage is wide, there are no thresholds);
- sanitary facility adapted for persons with disabilities.
The University has a procedure for escorting (providing assistance) to persons with disabilities and other low-mobility groups of population during their stay in the premises (premises) of the Odessa National Polytechnic University.
The University guarantees persons with special educational needs the opportunity to reach any place on the territory of the University, including, if necessary, the transfer of persons with special educational needs on stairs in buildings where there are no elevators or lifts.
The Regulations on the organization of inclusive education for persons with special educational needs apply at the University.
The University provides people with special educational needs the opportunity to receive education in an inclusive group – an academic group where, alongside other educational recipients, one or more persons with special educational needs study.
In order to organize inclusive education, a group of psychological and pedagogical support is working at the University, which provides special educational and rehabilitation support for persons with special educational needs, namely:
- assists in the organization of the educational process, provides the writing and monitoring of the implementation of the individual curriculum of persons with special educational needs, the organization of individual consultations, etc .;
- provides psychological and pedagogical assistance during the educational process;
- undertakes measures to create conditions for social and social support of persons with special educational needs, including providing information and assistance in hostel placement, obtaining technical means of rehabilitation, organizing volunteer assistance;
- provides for the provision of parking space for the personal transport of persons with special educational needs or the transport that transports them.
Support for persons with special educational needs during education may be provided by parents (other legal representatives) or persons authorized by them, social workers (workers), volunteers.
The University provides accommodation for persons with special educational needs together with the persons accompanying them (hostel # 3: located in close proximity to the university buildings, the building has a separate entrance, equipped with a ramp, which gives access to the premises, bypassing the lobby stairs).